6th May 2009
1) Crew of Stirling - 31st August 1944
1) Names on War memorial in churchyard
2) Lamp on avenue leading to St Michael & All Angels Church
Two memorials dedicated to Flt Sgt William Cox. The first is the addition of names, including Cox, to the War memorial in the churchyard recording the loss of the crew of a Stirling. The second, a memorial lamp, was erected by his former 630 Sqn crew mates to commemorate his death in the Stirling, which crashed at nearby Grove Farm.
Elsewhere on Airfield Archaeology
Related External Links